A Glimpse of Haiti From an Outsider’s Eye


Haiti has an undefinable quality.  It captivates your heart and it is hard to express the exact reasons why. 
When you first land and venture out of the airport it is overwhelming.  The heat, noise, poverty and sheer number of people is staggering, especially if you’re used to the wide open spaces of Canada. 
There is beauty, there is poverty.  The brilliant sky and the intense heat.  Zest for life and hopelessness.  To me Haiti is a country with huge amounts of both beauty and pain. 
I love to travel but Haiti stands out in my mind.  I love the green covered mountains, ocean breezes and stunning views. I love spending the day at the beach drinking coconut water and listening to the waves.  I love the culture and language and learning more each time I visit. I love  how proud Haitians are to be Haitian.  It is not an easy place, but it does captivate your heart.
Consider joining us on our next venture.

Bondye beniw (God bless you),
Leah Bernard

Comments

Popular Posts