“Qui ne risk rien, n’a rien” Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

Qui ne risk rien, n’a rien” Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

On December 31st 2009, a friend of mine asked me, “Sammy have you done all the things that were on your checklist for the year?” It took me a minute to realize that I have so much baggage I was about to bring into the new year.

Many of us have chosen to remain positive by striving to bring our best to the new year. We pledge to hold tight to positive thinking, and let go everything negative and critical; such as, ‘I am not good enough,’ or ‘this is too good to be true, therefore I am not taking part in it.’ A wiser man said to me once that, “Qui ne risk rien, n’a rien” Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.” We have a choice to make, to join people who dream big and expect great things. Or you can choose to remain where you are with the experience and knowledge you already have.

Someone said to me once, “I might be the one who stops others from being blessed by staying where I am, by not taking any risks.” Blessings are like a river that flows downhill and waters anything that comes into its path. Perhaps by stepping out this year you could help so many people.

We all want to do what is good, but often we don’t want to take any risks.  Even a small step like putting ourselves out there and risking embarrassment by offering friendship to someone we might think needs a friend.  Maybe that person won’t respond well, but isn’t it worth the risk?  The choice is ours, take risks or let another year pass by without change. Let go of the thoughts that ‘you are nothing, you will never succeed in anything.’ 

 For 2018, I made my decision to take risks, and to let go of negative thoughts, of grudges, of unnecessary criticism. I choose love instead of hate, I choose good friends instead of fake ones.

Start the new year with some positive thoughts, and strive to keep those thoughts throughout the year.  And remember “Qui ne risk rien, n’a rien” Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.”
I dare you to take some risks in this new year. Then, share with others the lessons you have learned along the way.

What is it that you have to let go so that you can have a successful year?  

What are the thoughts that have been holding you down?


Bondye beniw (God bless you),

Samuel Bernard

Comments

Popular Posts