The joy of introducing a friend to Haiti

I always look forward to a trip home and its always made better by being able to share it with a friend. 
 Tuesday at 4:55pm Bill Martin and I left on an Air Canada flight heading to Haiti.  Before we embarked to the beautiful land of Haiti, full of sun and beaches, Bill and I enjoyed the quiet lounge in the airport where we got the opportunity to get to know one another more. 
Bill, due to his military status, was able to bring more suitcases and wanted to help Haiti Arise by bringing some of their equipment to Haiti. Unfortunately, before we left Calgary, Bill was informed by Air Canada that he would not be able to take the suitcase to Haiti. The trip started with bad news but we tried not to let it rain on our parade while embarking on our adventure.  We landed late  in Montreal where we realized that every single restaurant was closed and I, due to my low blood sugar, demanded that we find a restaurant or anywhere we could find food to eat. After a lot of time of searching the internet Bill and I ended up at McDonald's. The shuttle driver at the hotel took us to to the drive through at McDonald's and Bill and I enjoyed a nice quarter pounder meal with fries at midnight
We stayed in a hotel overnight before we left on the final flight to Haiti but we spent a lot of the evening getting to know one another better. After less than 4 hours of sleep, we took the shuttle to Trudeau Airport to experience another quiet lounge before heading to Haiti. 
The joy of introducing one my friends to Haiti is unexplainable. We got to Toussaint Louverture Airport in Port-au-Prince where the chaos began. I am used to this kind of chaos but it was definitely not the case for my friend Bill. Bill is having so much fun in Mirebalais hanging out with Julie's uncle. Tomorrow Bill and I are going to meet with the team at the airport coming from Miami. I got news that the team arrived in Miami and they are ready to fly to Haiti tomorrow Monday March 26th. 
Stay tuned for more updates

Bondye beniw (God bless)
En route pour Haiti


enjoyed a quiet lounge

Comments

Popular Posts